Barba, a former Dally M Medallist, was axed by Top 14 side Toulon earlier this month, ending his brief stint in rugby union.The 27-year-old had been released by the Cronulla Sharks at the end of last year after a positive drugs test, having helped the club win the 2016 NRL premiership.Barba’s move to St Helens was confirmed on Wednesday, with the Super League side using the new marquee player rule.”I’ve known Ben for some time and am confident that he will add a new dimension to the Saints and is a great capture for Super League. He is a multi-talented and world class rugby league player,” Saints head coach Justin Holbrook said.”Everyone in the team will benefit from him joining us and are really looking forward to his arrival. The fans also have a lot to look forward to.”Given Ben’s abilities and reputation, his signing was extremely competitive and the club have done exceptionally well to secure him.”It is not often that players of his calibre become available and the club has pulled out all the stops to fight off competition from both rugby codes around the world.”I am also grateful for their support to me for my first signing as the new head coach.”Barba is yet to serve a 12-match ban handed down by the NRL and that suspension is likely to apply to the Super League, although St Helens said they would be “seeking further and final clarification”.St Helens are seventh in the Super League after winning six of 14 games this season.
Travertz trained with Australian Hammer and Discus Champion, Matthew Denny. The difference it made showed when she improved her national record in the hammer throw to 37.23m. The 22-year-old Travertz from Western Province took part in the Pacific Games last year after a recommendation from throws coach, Paul Bannister who saw potential in her.Since then, Bannister has taken Travertz under his wing making arrangements for her to train in Queensland.Athletics PNG President, Tony Green said that although Travertz improved her national record from 35.78m to 37.23m and was reported to be throwing 40 to 42m in training, she ran out of time to post a qualifying performance to enable her to take part in the Nationals.“Jacklyn is now looking forward to the PNG National Championships in Lae in June and the Melanesian Championships in Fiji where she can expect to be competing against Brianna Stephens from Norfolk Island and hopefully some New Caledonians,” said Green.Travertz said that the training with Denny was excellent and she had learned many new things.“I now have a better understanding of what is needed to become an international thrower. I want to continue to represent my country in bigger competitions, be a positive role model and influence youngsters to get involved in sports like throwing events,” said Travertz.
The financial backing more than K20,000 from prominent businessman and son of Hela, Benjamin Gipe puts to rest the league’s struggles in its affiliation with the major rugby league body since 2015 last year.Known to be the major league in the province apart from five other minor leagues, the support from the businessman puts the league in a position to take part in the coming PNGRFL AGM next month.President of Tari league Joseph Kaupa thanked Gipe with his assistance saying the support will go a long way in developing rugby league in the area.Kaupa said this was the first time such a big amount of money was received.He said it was a last minute rescue from Gipe who made it possible for them to pay their affiliation before the set deadline given to them by the PNGRFL.He added that the support in other way will help bring peace in the province which is currently undergoing conflict in the recent political status in the province.Gipe in his speech challenged political leaders and bureaucrats in the province to consider supporting rugby league in the province. He said political leaders have never looked into supporting small sporting associations in the province and his support should be seen as an eye opener to other leaders.Picture: Benjamin Gipe hands over a dummy cheque of K20,500 to Tari League President Joseph Kaupa to help them affiliate to the PNGRFL.Picture by Faracas Methere
In this way, the ‘Hispanics’ revalidate the title they won two years ago in Zagreb and hang their eighth European medal, with the added prize of guaranteeing their presence this summer in Tokyo without having to play the Pre-Olympic.– Data sheet: 22 – Spain: Corrales; Solé (1), Raúl Entrerríos (3), Alex Dujshebaev (1), Morros (-), Goñi (1) and Ángel Fernández (1) -initial team- Pérez de Vargas (ps), Maqueda (3), Sarmiento ( 2), Aginagalde (2), Figueras (1), Cañellas (2), Aleix Gómez (5, 3p), Ariño (-) and Gideon Guardiola (-)20 – Croatia: Sego; Horvat (2, 1p), Stepancic (3), Duvnjak (5, 3p), Karacic (3), Mandic (2) and Maric (3) -initial team- Asanin (ps), Hrstic (-), Sarac (- ), Musa (-), Mamic (1), Cindric (-), Brozovic (1), Matanovic (-) and Sipic (-)Marker every five minutes: 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, 8-10, 10-10 and 12-11 (Rest) 15-12, 16-14, 17-15, 18-18, 19-19 and 22-20 (Final)Referees: Nachevski and Nikolov (MKD). They excluded two minutes to Sarmiento and Raúl Entrerríos for Spain; and to Horvat and Karacic for Croatia.Incidents: Final of the European Championship of Sweden, Austria and Norway 2020 played at the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm before about 17,700 spectators. The Spanish men’s handball team has revalidated its title of European champion after beating in the final this Sunday at the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm to Croatia (22-20), a result that gives them their second continental crown and gives them the direct ticket to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.The tight marker of the last minutes was elucidated when Aleix Gómez, from seven meters and in the absence of just over a minute, undid the tie so that Alex Dujshebaev, after a Stepancic throwing error and as he did against Slovenia, resolved With a very powerful shot. The ‘Hispanics’ revalidate the title they won two years ago in Zagreb Image: Reuters
“He has been an incredible match. Against a participant who performs very nicely and has been nice for weeks. But it surely was clear that if I’m not enjoying nicely and with depth from the start of the sport, and calmly, as a result of in the long run it takes its toll on players that good. For the subsequent one I should go away From the start extra calmly and be capable to do my stage from the start, “he mentioned.The 16-year-old tennis participant admitted that he didn’t present his greatest stage and that He was nervous and accelerated, which facilitated the work of the Argentine. Regardless of his elimination, the Murcia participant says goodbye to Rio after making historical past on Monday because the youthful spanish in profitable a recreation of ATP circuit after what Rafael Nadal I would do it with 15 years previouss in Mallorca in 2002. Alcaraz received his first victory in an ATP match on Monday be imposed on the Spanish Albert Ramos.“It has been an incredible week and really optimistic, each Monday and at this time, as a result of of the losses you study greater than the victories. At present I take an incredible studying and see if it serves me for the next tournaments,” he mentioned.Along with his victory on Monday, probably the most promising racket in Spain, skilled by the extenista Juan Carlos Ferrero, He additionally grew to become the youngest to win a recreation of an ATP 500 match because the begin of the collection in 2009. About your coach, affirmed that it’s a nice luxurious to have the ability to work with Somebody who has been the primary on the planet. “On the finish it brings you a lot issues that others can’t. “ Carlos Alcaraz, the brand new jewel of Spanish tennis, 16 years previous and that at this time was eradicated from Rio de Janeiro Open within the second spherical, he mentioned that, after have performed two video games of a ATP 500, I know feel ready to face the players ofl important world circuit.“The reality is that I feel that I can play against players of this stage, each bodily and mentally, and that I have an incredible apprenticeship in this match,” mentioned the participant in statements which he granted to the press after his elimination within the Brazilian match“It has been an incredible expertise to play with these players. I have an incredible studying expertise for following tournaments“he added about his first expertise in an ATP 500, which he performed because of a particular invitation of the organizers and who says goodbye with a Victory and defeat.Alcaraz, which is taken into account one of the best guarantees of the world tennisHe was eradicated this Wednesday within the second spherical by the Argentine Federico Coria having made historical past on Monday to get his first victory in an ATP match. Coria, 116 within the worldwide classification of the ATP, received by 6-4, 4-6 and 6-4 to Alcaraz (406 ATP) in a recreation of 2 hours and 17 minutes by the spherical of 16.
CaptainsThe latest precedents from captains that have left the club have been Hierro, Raúl and Casillas. None retired in Madrid. Iron he left with 35 years at Al-rayyan (later he would finish his career at Bolton Wanderers), Raul with 33 years at Schalke (later he went to Al Sadd and later to New York Cosmos) and Iker with 34 to Porto. Except Raul, who lost weight in the team in his last season as a Real Madrid player, Hierro and Casillas left Madrid after being starters indisputable In his last season. The defender ended the contract and was not renewed, while the goalkeeper and the striker reached an agreement with the club to end their contractual relationship. The player, on the other hand, pretend to follow in Madrid … two more years. Last summer, after his departure from leaving for China, he said his intention is backing out in the white team Despite its weight and importance in the locker room, it is difficult for the club to accept this possibility of extending two more years (until 2023), because the position with the players over 32 is to check your year to year contracts. Currently, with the limitations of the Financial Fair Play, Madrid knows that it cannot do crazy things. The captain is, along with Bale, the player who charges the most within the template (about 14 million net), So your contract conditions a lot. So far, Sergio Bouquets has renovated in three occasions since he signed for Real Madrid in the summer of 2005 from Seville (after payment of the 27 million of its termination clause). Signed then a contract for eight seasons and in July 2011 the first renovation arrived, until 2017.In the summer 2015 a first soap opera was lived, because Manchester United was very interested in the captain and his agreement with Madrid did not finish closing. Finally, the negotiations came to fruition and extended its relationship until 2020. That contract was extended again in 2017, although this time there was no official announcement either by the club or by the player. In that agreement you economic conditions improved and the duration was extended for another year, until 2021. That is the contract that is still in force today. The Sergio Ramo renovations with Real Madrid is frozen The contract of the captain ends within 16 months, on June 30, 2021, and still has not received none call from the club to sit down to negotiate an extension of the current relationship.The Madrid is in no hurry on this issue. Understand that Ramos will end his current relationship with 35 years and therefore it is still soon to assess whether It must be expanded or not. In case of reaching an agreement, the position it’s clear: season to season. If the Andalusian performance course is still optimal, it would be valued to extend your contract until 2022, year in which the Qatar World Cup will be played. But for now, Madrid believes that it is not a priority address the renewal of a player who turns 34 next March 30, since in the In the medium term the position of both parties could vary. There is no concern about the fact that the 2020-21 in his last year of contract.
The two vice-presidents of LaLiga, the corporate general director, the deputy director to the presidency and the secretary of the Delegate Commission will also be present at this telematic meeting. LaLiga has not yet decided whether Javier Tebas himself will appear in the coming days to share the news about LaLiga with the media, even if it is without journalists in the room, or if he will broadcast a statement through his official channels. The rest of Spanish soccer leaders, such as Luis Rubiales (RFEF) or David Aganzo (AFE) have also canceled a large part of their agenda to turn fully into this crisis. The president of the footballers union is the one who is most concerned with this serious situation in Spain since, in addition, he himself is part of the population at risk, which is why he does not separate himself from his mask these days. The president of LaLiga, Javier Tebas, has completely changed his agenda in the coming weeks to dedicate himself body and soul to alleviating the effects of the coronavirus crisis that is affecting the regular course of LaLiga and that could cause losses of up to 700 million euros in the event that matches cannot be played again in the remainder of the season. The head of the employers has canceled several events that he already had scheduled and his priority now is to be at the service of the clubs. Therefore, has met the Delegate Commission next Monday by videoconference to address this crisis.The Delegated Commission is the governing and administrative body of LaLiga for the creation of specialized work commissions. It is made up of six LaLiga Santander teams (Real Madrid, Seville, Betis, Valencia, Villarreal and Levante) and six others from LaLiga SmartBank (Deportivo, Cádiz, Las Palmas, Alcorcón, Almería and Lugo). Even so, Tebas is in permanent contact with the presidents and general managers of the other clubs, to whom he is sending all the information he has in his hands by being in permanent communication with the Government, the RFEF, AFE and UEFA.
The evil does not come from now: we have experienced the condemnation of the club for the Neymar case, the disagreements made public between employees and players with executives and managers, and the audit of the social media case, which seems to confirm the scandal. Let’s add an erratic sports policy, the breakdown of the Board of Directors and the significant reduction in income due to the pandemic, and the result is the danger of economic bankruptcy and moral bankruptcy in which the club has settled. Game over.You have to start from scratch. The management model that in recent years has allowed us to be the best multi-sports club in the world no longer works. The lack of transparency, billing more than anyone but spending everything, and having to sell or exchange players at the last minute of each season to balance squeezed accounts is unsustainable. From Yes to Futur we have always been in favor of institutional stability. And it is not a phrase: when the pandemic broke out, we contacted President Josep Maria Bartomeu to put ourselves at his service and try to build a common front during these weeks. But the president chose to make a flight forward, as if this were any crisis. And it is not.Under normal conditions, the gravity of the events would have caused Sí al futur to ask for resignations and the immediate call for early elections.It would be irresponsible not to. But with the country confined and without knowing when we will return to normal life, it is practically impossible to collect signatures, present candidates, campaign and open the polls this summer. And since, in addition, the Club has prolonged as much as possible the use of electronic participation mechanisms of the members in the entity’s major decisions, It is not even realistic to articulate a motion of censure with legal effects to denounce the unjustifiable government action that we are suffering.And this is serious, because in the coming months we will have to make very important decisions that will define the future of the institution. And it must be ensured that these decisions are made in a context of stability and with a very solid project that supports them – requirements that are not present now. The reformed Board of Directors, which was born without authority and credibility, cannot hide behind the pandemic and make decisions that can mortgage the Club’s future.For all these reasons, we demand that the Board of Directors:one. Explain in a totally transparent way the financial situation and the total debt of the club and to what extent this debt limits the short-term action plan.2. Delay making all structural decisions that are not essential, since we do not know for sure what the impact of the coronavirus will be on the life and economy of the Club. It is vital to postpone the decision on Espai Barça until the new Board of Directors is elected.3. Offer the utmost prudence and transparency when making operations (investments and sales) with players.Yes al futur is committed to exercising strict and permanent control of compliance with these requirements.Club management needs a transformation in the law firms that is as brave, creative, innovative and successful as the one Johan Cruyff did on the pitch. And this transformation is possible, because the power of Barça is enormous. But, to achieve it, we need to bring together the best talent available among Barcelona fans and the direct involvement of the athletes who have starred in the best Barça in history. Sí al futur offers an honest project, open to the participation of partners and committed to society and the country. A project that gives us back the confidence of knowing we are well represented by the Entity’s government and makes us feel satisfaction for the game, happiness for the victories and pride in belonging to the best club in the world. Víctor Font, pre-candidate for the Barça presidency and leader of the Sí al Futur platform, wrote an open letter to the media to maintain his critical line with Bartomeu’s errand and form of government. He assures that the club is “in economic and moral bankruptcy”. Announces the end: “Game over”. He asks to postpone the Espai Barça referendum but will not request elections. And he says that the institutional behavior of the club chaired by Josep Maria Bartomeu is “shameful.” This is the literal content of a letter.“For a long time, Yes to Futur, he has been warning Barça’s members that the club is heading towards the “perfect storm”: it must replace the best generation of footballers in history, build and finance Espai Barça and compete against public limited companies with almost unlimited financial resources. And it has to do all this while preserving the ownership of the Club in the hands of the members and its competitive capacity both in football and in all sections.If the risks were great, now they are gigantic: we are in the midst of a pandemic that has paralyzed the planet and that will have effects that today we cannot yet foresee in all walks of life, also in sport. Likewise, months ago we attended a shameful escalation of chapters of the institutional behavior of the Club in which the last one hides the seriousness of the previous one, culminating in recent days with accusations and serious reproaches among managers, and six abrupt resignations. Right at the moment when the only priority should be to get the Club out of this crisis, the presidency announces a new remodel of the Board of Directors to stay in power. Now what is at risk is Barça itself.Gorka Leiza & nbsp; (DIARIO AS) ‘); return false; “class =” item-multimedia “>Victor Fiont.Gorka Leiza (DAILY AS)