We are nearing the state series time for spring sports. Here are some of the things I have observed in the area so far.Batesville and Oldenburg Academy tennis are again on a collision course to see which team will represent our area in regional tennis. Christian Lamppert of BHS was this year’s Ripley County Golf Champion. Alex Roell pitched a no-hitter for the BHS baseball team in late April.Some of the people in the area making news in track and field are Garrett Wagner of BHS in the hurdle races, Curtis Eckstein of OA in the distance races, and Robert Stroebel of BHS has set a new pole vault record for the Bulldogs. The East Central girls track team seems to be the class of the area but the boys teams are still too close to make any predictions.In the other team sports no one has made a complete statement of dominance. Good luck to all teams and individuals as they get ready for the sectionals and beyond.
Sunman, In. — A semi-truck fire on westbound I-74 near the Sunman exit closed the roadway for several hours Monday.Emergency workers from multiple agencies extinguished the blaze and conducted clean up operations.As of 8:30 a.m. sources say I-74 westbound is open.This is a developing story.For up to the minute traffic information click here.
If the east London side felt robbed by Manchester United on Sunday, it was Saints this time ruing missed opportunities after dominating possession and the shot count. The hosts also had a man advantage from the 61st minute onwards after a moment of madness from Hammers goalkeeper Adrian, who attempted to turn away from Sadio Mane, only to be caught out and handle outside the box. Press Association While Carroll faces time out, Adrian may not after Allardyce confirmed West Ham would be appeal referee Craig Pawson’s decision. “It was a foul on our goalkeeper before,” he said. “There is no doubt Mane had his hands on Adrian. “Adrian made a mistake in the beginning but the linesman saw two hands on the ball but not the two hands on the back. “We will be appealing it and I’ll be very disappointed if he doesn’t get off.” As for Southampton counterpart Ronald Koeman, he could not hide his frustration after a fourth straight home match in all competitions without a win. “If you are the better team – more ball possession, more chances and you play 25 minutes 11 against 10 – then you expect to score at least one time and we didn’t,” the Dutchman said. “It showed a little bit our performance in the last few games in creating chances and scoring goals is a little bit more struggling than in the first part of the season. Okay, that’s disappointing.” Saints’ lengthy list of absentees certainly did not help matters against the Hammers, who displayed the increasingly defensive mindset clubs arriving at St Mary’s are employing. For Koeman, though, the main issue was his side’s inability to utilise the flanks. “I think we didn’t make the pitch very wide,” he said. “Always if you play against 10 players you need to play out of good positions on the pitch and I think it was not clever enough how we played against 10 players. “Too many players in the centre of the pitch, (not enough) players to make it wide to create the space, sharpens in the box. “Okay, that in my opinion is the reason we didn’t win the game.” The Spaniard was given a straight red card but it was not to cost his side, with replacement Jussi Jaaskelainen producing some fine saves, as well as watching a number of chances go well wide, as West Ham dug deep to secure a 0-0 draw. “I think that from our point of view it almost feels like a victory against all the odds,” Allardyce said . “I think the lads who ended up on the field, apart from Andy who was injured, have done a fantastic job.” Carroll was a second-half substitute at St Mary’s, where he made his return from an injury picked up in the defeat to Liverpool, but he left the stadium on crutches and said he does not know the severity of his injury. “The sad thing for us is the injury to Andy Carroll which we can ill-afford to take with our injury problems,” Allardyce said. “It’s the same knee, he got kicked in the back of the knee and felt something wrong. “He stayed up and was a nuisance. I just hope that staying on hasn’t done any more damage. “He got fit in two and a half weeks [after Liverpool] but clearly it’s going to take longer this time because it’s the same injury.” Andy Carroll left St Mary’s on crutches after West Ham impressively held out at Southampton despite Adrian’s dismissal – a red card Sam Allardyce will be appealing.
USC’s Undergraduate Student Government held its first senate meeting of the year Tuesday, with senators discussing a proposed student discount program and laying the groundwork for the semester’s initiatives.USG has been in talks with the Student Savings Club, a company that partners with local businesses to provide college students with discounts on food and other services, USG President Holden Slusher said at the meeting.Students would have to present their USCards, at participating businesses, such as Office Depot and the L.A. Live restaurants, to receive these discounts.Slusher provided the senators with a sheet including restaurants and businesses that would tentatively be a part of the plan, with most showing 10 percent discounts.To implement the Student Savings Club program, USG would have to pay the company an annual fee of $1,700, Slusher said while introducing the initiative to the senate.But the senators’ approval of the measure would not directly cost students any money or result in a raise of the student programming fee, he said. Instead, the money would come from Senate allocations, funds left over after USG finishes distributing money to its various programs.Some senators expressed concerned about getting the word out to students about the discount program, but Slusher said USG would promote the program on its website and participating outlets would have signs to inform students.The Senate will vote on the measure next Tuesday.In addition to the Student Savings Club program, USG hopes to enact more initiatives over the upcoming weeks to improve student life at USC. Some of the initial projects being discussed included a tram to L.A. Live and the addition of more equipment and longer hours at the General William University Lyon University Center, according to Ashlie Chan, vice president of USG.“It’s still in the gray area, but we’re getting the ball rolling and we’re really excited,” Chan said. “I know that Holden and I have a really great administration. As long as we’re working towards what students want, that’s all we can ask for.”She added that they would also be working on the expansion of two-unit course offerings and the ability to transfer football season tickets from student to student.Slusher said he was optimistic about USG’s ability to make its proposed initiatives realities, citing the improvements to the Lyon Center as one area he hopes to significantly impact.“The biggest thing for me is that students and student government don’t back down on anything, [that] we have faith in ourselves not to back down from a big project,” Slusher said. “Going big pays off.”
Facebook Twitter Google+ Comments Alec Lemon won’t remember this game for his career performance. Instead of his 10 catches for 179 yards and two touchdowns, the plays the junior wide receiver didn’t make will stand out in his mind.Trailing South Florida by 13 in the fourth quarter, the Orange moved the ball into the red zone. On third-and-13 from the 17-yard line, Lemon couldn’t catch up to a pass in the corner of the end zone.But the next play may be the one that lingers in his memory. Lemon beat his man down the seam and leaped to catch the fourth-down pass at the goal line. The ball landed right in his hands but fell to the turf by the time he hit the ground.‘Those two opportunities I had for the touchdown to bring our team closer, that’s something that will haunt me tonight and all through the bye week,’ Lemon said. ‘That’s something I have to get over.’Lemon wasn’t the only receiver who dropped a touchdown for the Orange on Friday, though. Dorian Graham and David Stevens also failed to hold onto the football on probable scoring plays. And while the drops were the most glaring Syracuse errors, mistakes all over the field doomed the Orange (5-5, 1-4 Big East) in a 37-17 loss to South Florida (5-4, 1-4 Big East) in front of 41,582 fans in the Carrier Dome.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe loss extends Syracuse’s losing streak to three games and drops the team to last place in the Big East.‘We’ve been trying to get bowl eligible since the Louisville game and we’ve been unsuccessful,’ linebacker Marquis Spruill said. ‘That’s really what we’re pushing for right now. We’ve just got to do something or fix something to help us get the next win.’After Friday, Syracuse has a lot to fix. Drops hurt the Orange throughout the game, and a couple of key mistakes early on special teams added to the team’s struggles.Syracuse handed South Florida 86 yards on seven penalties in the game, but it was the drops by Orange receivers that halted SU’s comeback hopes the rest of the way.After a B.J. Daniels’ touchdown run with 3:27 remaining in the second quarter, Syracuse drove down to the South Florida red zone and faced a third down from the 11-yard line.Quarterback Ryan Nassib dropped back to pass and looked to his left before coming back to Graham on a backside slant. Graham beat his man, and Nassib put the ball on him. But it bounced off the hands of the senior wideout just before the goal line.Nassib said he probably could have taken a little heat off the throw, but Graham took full responsibility for the drop.‘That’s completely my fault,’ Graham said. ‘Ryan Nassib did what he needed to do. He stayed in the pocket, read his keys and threw the ball. I didn’t make the play. That’s my fault.’Instead of a Graham score, SU settled for a field goal.USF then tacked on three points before halftime and added another field goal to start the third quarter to take a comfortable 23-10 lead.But Syracuse appeared ready to mount a rally early in the fourth quarter. SU moved the ball downfield and again faced a third down, this time from the USF 3-yard line. Tight end David Stevens ran a nice pattern, faking outside before beating his defender back to the middle.Again Nassib threw a strike, this time for what appeared to be a sure touchdown, but his receiver couldn’t hold on again.‘It should have been caught,’ Stevens said. ‘It’s not perfect, but it should have been caught.’Those costly drops were coupled with mental mistakes early in the game as the Orange shot itself in the foot all game long.On SU’s first possession, Jonathan Fisher shanked an 11-yard punt out of bounds to set up South Florida’s opening field goal. And after the Orange’s first touchdown later on, Shane Raupers sent the ensuing kickoff out of bounds, followed by a late hit on the play by Jeremiah Kobena to set up the Bulls’ drive in SU territory.USF scored two plays later on a 2-yard run by Daniels to take a 17-7 lead.‘I would like to think that I run a program that has a lot of structure and discipline that carries over to the field,’ SU head coach Doug Marrone said. ‘With those penalties, I have to do a better job. It’s not like it happens in practice. We have officials in practice all the time.’Still, the Orange offense got one more chance to redeem itself from inside the red zone with 10 minutes left in the game. But that threat ended with Lemon’s drop at the goal line.And that final drop by Lemon ultimately became the backbreaker, as USF scored on its ensuing possession to go up 30-10 and put the game out of reach.‘We could have gotten back in the game at that point,’ Spruill said. ‘After that, everything just started going downhill.’email@example.com Published on November 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm
The University has officially crossed the $5 billion threshold of the $6 billion fundraiser that was publicly launched in 2011. According to an annual fundraising report released by the Council for Aid to Education, USC raised more than $653 million for the school last year.The campaign encompasses a comprehensive strategic planning process and the involvement of all USC constituencies according to Albert Checcio, senior vice president of university advancement.“We designed a campaign that would touch all parts of the University,” Checcio said. “Every single school would participate in this campaign. So it is very comprehensive.”Half of the funds, or approximately $3 billion of the money raised, will be used to increase USC’s endowment. These funds will help support faculty and students, along with research, public health services and enhancement of the quality of life around the world.Two billion dollars of the money that is being dedicated to the endowment will be dedicated to faculty and research programs, The other $1 billion will be devoted to an endowment for student scholarships. The priority of this endowment is additional undergraduate scholarship aid and increasing fellowships for Ph.D., postdoctoral and graduate students.The rest of the money from the fundraising campaign will provide immediate support for new resources.Two billion dollars of these funds are for the immediate support of academic priorities. The campaign will help establish new educational programs and nurture the research projects that aim to explore the intersections of technology and communication, extend global connections, foster arts and humanities and enrich the undergraduate and graduate learning experiences.One billion dollars will be catered toward immediate support for capital projects. One of these capital projects is the USC Village, scheduled to open in Fall 2017. These funds are needed for infrastructure on both the University Park and Health Sciences campuses.“In the campaign, we don’t have priorities; our job is to try to fund them,” Checcio said. “So, the president and deans did a strategic plan and identified a whole series of priorities. These priorities became the programs that we tried to raise money for, through the campaign.”Fifty-two percent of the raised funds will be for academic priorities, 34 percent for the endowment and 14 percent for capital projects. As of March 4, 296,775 donors have made campaign gifts. A total of $1.4 billion has been raised for faculty and research endowments, $230 million for endowment toward student scholarships and $1.6 billion for health sciences.“All of the schools have individual goals to try to meet their needs,” Checcio said. “So, when we were setting the goal, we looked at will it take private support to continue USC’s academic ascent and take the University to excellence for the next 10 years and beyond. After looking at the analysis of what the schools need, $6 billion was the number we thought was attainable and would have the biggest impact.”The alumni have contributed $1.8 billion, and parents have contributed $1.4 billion to the campaign. Also, 262,436 donors have made gifts of less than $1,000. Checcio further mentioned the how important the donations have been to the success of the fundraising initiative.“The whole University is benefiting dramatically from the private support of this campaign,” Checcio said.Daniel Hennes, a freshman majoring in business administration, said that the increase in funding will help make the University a better place.“The recent fundraising campaign speaks not only to the administration’s commitment to make the University a better place for its students, but also to the passion and willingness of the Trojan Family to give back,” Hennes said. “USC is a place that wants to remain cutting-edge and this fundraising campaign is a great way to do that.”Juan Martinez, a junior majoring in civil engineering, did not immediately laud the administration’s efforts, pointing to the fact that many students do not know where the money is going.“Many of us probably won’t — we already feel tuition hikes, but hopefully it’ll benefit the university in some way,” Martinez said. “It’s just hard to tell when we don’t really know where the money goes.”
Published on September 24, 2019 at 1:30 am Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ The Fine Mess tailgate in SU’s Stadium West lot started as seven people in 2006. On this week’s D.O. Sportscast, Anthony Dabbundo and Josh Schafer discuss the tailgate, which grew through a Syracuse fan online forum, and give an update on Syracuse men’s soccer (2-2-3, 0-1-1 Atlantic Coast).
The captain of the county football champions has set his sights on winning the Munster title with Tipperary next year.Loughmore-Castleiney’s Liam McGrath made the comments after committing to Liam Kearns’ panel for 2017.The 23-year-old has played both hurling and football for his club and the Premier County. He’s excited by Tipp’s prospects for the year ahead.
Share Bulgarian lottery dispute sees Kambi suspend 7777.bg service March 13, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Related Articles Intralot rocked by Bulgaria Eurobet suspension June 5, 2020 Submit Sportal365 to power efbet’s multi-market content strategy April 30, 2020 Sportsbook and casino operator efbet believes it has found the “missing puzzle piece” to extend its market leader status in Bulgaria.The operator has become a majority shareholder in deVRealm, a tech startup based in Sofia, in a deal which will help efbet to take back control of its product roadmap.A ‘pilot’ project for deVRealm, efbet’s new platform will be developed entirely in-house, with third parties only involved for casino content and localised payment types.Boyan Naydenov, efbet co-founder and COO (pictured, centre), said: “With years of experience in the betting industry and having achieved the market leader position in Bulgaria, we found that the missing puzzle piece for our development was to have our own platform. “This way we will not be dependable on third parties and will be able to develop our product without limitation and at the pace we require. We made this decision about a year and a half ago when we started thinking about expanding our company and entering new markets. “We believe that in order to become and retain the position of a leader, one must be ready to invest funds and work towards independence. Only then can you create truly unique products and experiences which can’t be found on other platforms.”Naydenov confirmed that the current platform was developed by a third party provider, but what you see on the site is largely reflective of efbet’s individual needs as it was one of this third party’s first betting and gaming clients.When asked about the key requirements of the new platform served by deVRealm, Naydenov explained: “The most important part when we create our platform is to serve our needs so this way we don’t have to adapt to the work process of the system. “Over the years we have gathered so many ideas to implement, but couldn’t due to some form of restrictions. Now with all these ideas in mind, we are setting them as requirements and we believe that this will give our team the possibilities to truly innovate, simplify the work processes and reduce the amount of human mistakes through automation.”He concluded: “For so many years on the market, we have been studying our customers and we have understood what their biggest needs are, now it’s time for us to create our own way of how to satisfy those untapped desires.”