Nightflyers cancelled

first_imgNightflyers was filmed in Troy Studios LimerickA SECOND series of Nightflyers will not be shot at Troy Studios in Limerick after US producers confirmed that the show has been cancelled. The €50 million budget series was based on a novella by ‘Game of Thrones’ author George RR Martin.The Syfy network joined with Netflix to produce one of the most expensive series they have ever made. It was hoped that a second series would be shot in Limerick, given the significant investment made at the Castletroy facility.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up An option on studio space was set aside for Nightflyers which supported 320 direct jobs and contributed an estimated €53 million to the local economy. It is understood that the Nightflyers set has been dismantled at the Castletroy studios. Advertisement Twitter WhatsApp Linkedin Previous articleCastletroy Shopping Centre appeal decision ‘vital for the community.’Next articlePay It Forward Limerick Kindness festival is one of a kind Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.iecenter_img Facebook Email LifestyleEntertainmentFilmNewsNightflyers cancelledBy Staff Reporter – February 20, 2019 2011 Printlast_img read more

Ballyliffen in talks to host Irish Open prior to The Open in Portrush

first_imgNews Google+ Pinterest WhatsApp By News Highland – June 12, 2014 Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Facebook Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Twitter Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORcenter_img Pinterest Facebook Ballyliffen in talks to host Irish Open prior to The Open in Portrush Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Previous articleYoung girl punched by stranger in Ballyare WoodsNext articleMother jailed for child abuse News Highland Google+ The British Open Golf Championship is to return to Northern Ireland for the first time since 1951, with Royal Portrush expected to host the tournament as early as 2019.The Royal and Ancient had said last month that it remained “some distance” from being able to stage the Open in the North.However, the R&A is expected to confirm Portrush as an Open venue early next week after discussions with the club and the Northern Ireland Executive.And the Manager of Ballyliffin Golf Club, John Farren says Ballyliffen would be hopeful of hosting the Irish Open immediately prior to The Open in Portrush:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/farr1pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. WhatsApp Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margeylast_img read more